E3 2017 Recap: Skillzians Take on the World’s Premier Gaming Expo!
Just a couple weeks ago, thousands of game manufacturers, developers, publishers, and enthusiasts gathered at the LA Convention Center for another round of the world’s biggest annual gaming expo – E3!
Of course, as the worldwide leader in mobile eSports, Skillz couldn’t miss out on this party. The Skillzians who attended are still raving about this year’s biggest announcements, displays, and game launches. Here are some of their most memorable highlights (paired with their excellent photography!):
- Nintendo announced a slew of exciting titles for the Switch, including a “Pokémon” RPG, “Rocket League,” “Metroid Prime 4,” and “Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.”
- Microsoft revealed its newest console, Xbox One X, which features smoother gameplay, increased memory, faster load times, and compatibility with original Xbox games.
- Nintendo also premiered the “Super Mario Odyssey” trailer and confirmed the game’s 10/27 release date. Here’s Skillzian Michael with the game’s E3 display (Mario’s hat named “Cappy” is a key feature of the new game).
- EA unveiled its trailer for the long awaited “Star Wars: Battlefront II.” Like its predecessor, the new sequel will be a shooter but with additional story modes and character classes.
- The first Marvel and Capcom fighting crossover since 2012 is on its way. “Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite” includes a brand new host of characters, including Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Gamora from “Guardians of the Galaxy,” Zero from “Mega Man X,” and Dante from “Devil May Cry.”
We can’t wait for all of these exciting developments to come to a screen near us! What announcements are you most excited about from E3 2017?