A Glimpse Into Skillz Culture – Full Company Off-Site!
Last week, the entire Skillz staff took off for sunny Santa Cruz, California for a company-wide off-site!
It marked a unique occasion that every single employee from San Francisco, Portland, and Boston all gathered together in one spot – so it made for a very special weekend! Here are some of the top highlights.
- We wouldn’t be Skillzians if we didn’t kick off the trip with some good old competition. We kept ourselves occupied during the bus ride to Santa Cruz with a Skillz employee trivia game! And of course, like our players have the option to do on the Skillz platform, we competed for real-world prizes – some crisp two-dollar bills. Here’s a shot of some extremely focused trivia contestants:
- The games continued shortly after we arrived. After a quick morning meeting and a brainstorming session, many of us headed straight outdoors to get our sand volleyball on! To say the competition got “heated” is an understatement:
- We were pleasantly surprised at dinner the first night when our newest board member and former Kabam COO Kent Wakeford came to speak to us about the valuable learnings he’s gathered throughout his career in gaming and technology:
- Our evening activity? A skit competition! We were split into teams and tasked with acting out a fun business scenario involving the Skillz executives. It was the perfect way to end the day and poke a bit of fun at our leadership team. Plus, it resulted in some hilarious performances. Here are the two teams that tied for first place (with the prize being the ability to name a conference room in our new San Francisco office!):
- The next day, we took a shuttle to the beach and boardwalk to soak up some sunlight and get the full Santa Cruz experience:
- In the end, we decided to wrap up the off-site with some style and class. All Skillzians came to our fancy final dinner dressed to the nines in cocktail attire, ready to hear parting words from our CEO and enjoy some delicious food. Don’t we look dazzling?
Want to join in on the fun? Check out our open positions to see if you could be a great fit at Skillz, recently named the #1 fastest growing private company in America atop the Inc. 500!