Week in Review: Tencent’s “Honour of Kings” coming to U.S. and Europe, “WWE 2K18” coming to Nintendo Switch, New England Patriots owner and six more buy into new “Overwatch” League
Image Credit: Imaginechina via AP Photo
- Snoopy’s pledging $100,000 for a dog charity with a new mobile game, “Snoopy Pop,” which has launched on Android and iOS. It’s a “Puzzle Bobble” style game, in which Snoopy works to save Woodstock and his fellow avian friends from the bubbles. The free-to-play title includes in-app purchases, which publisher Jam City hopes to boost in the hopes of making a significant contribution to Canine Companions for Independence. (Polygon)
- LiquidSky lets you play your PC games on Android devices, through its revamped Android app. The LiquidSky 2.0 beta enables gamers to play their high-quality PC games on mobile hardware by running the game in the cloud and streaming the images to a smartphone or tablet in an efficient way. (VentureBeat)
- “WWE 2K18” is coming to the Nintendo Switch. The game’s Switch debut marks the first time in five years that a new WWE video game will be available on a Nintendo platform. Thanks to the Switch’s on-the-go capabilities, it will also be the first portable WWE video game available in six years. (Mashable)
- Mobile messaging giant Line has launched a game publishing arm and, in the process, acquired a majority stake in “Dragon Flight” developed NextFloor. The new publishing arm, dubbed Line Games, aspires to boost Line’s game offerings on its platform as well as accelerate its global development operations in Japan, South Korea, Thailand, and Taiwan. (Gamasutra)
- Denial eSports’ CEO Robby Ringnalda has founded an eSports consultancy firm, in collaboration with Black Dog Venture Partners CEO Scott Kelly. Black Dog Gaming is an extension of Black Dog Venture Partners and plans to take on eSports industry clients. It will offer business development sales training, as well as branding, corporate management development, and funding consultations. (Dot eSports)
Visit the Skillz blog each week for a comprehensive review of the latest gaming news!